CALL FOR ILA
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS: Wednesday, August 1st
Each year ILA recognizes member achievements through its awards program. The 2012 Awards Committee, chaired by Dale Vande Haar, Ph.D, MLS, MSE, seeks nominations for this year's awards.
For all nominations, complete the online ILA Awards and Honors Nomination Form. Support documents can be sent to Denise Ballesteros via email, fax or mail.
525 SW 5th Street, Ste. ADes Moines, IA 50309Fax: 515-309-4576
The Awards Presentation will take place during the ILA Annual Conference in Dubuque this October.
Below are descriptions of the five Iowa Library Association Awards:
AWARD #1: Member of the Year - M ust include three to ten letters of recommendation and support for your nomination.
This award is conferred upon a librarian, trustee, friend or institutional member of the Iowa Library Association. The award shall be based upon such activities or accomplishments as the following:
• Outstanding service to the Iowa Library Association
• Community library betterment through broadened scope and quality of service
• Contribution to any area of service benefiting library users
• Distinguished service to libraries: outstanding participation in activities of a professional library association; notable publications and productions; creative work in interpreting the library to the community.
• Leadership in education and in-service training for librarians or trustees
• Extension of library services through cooperation
• Improvement in library techniques or management
• Development of library facilities
AWARD #2: Citation of Merit
This award is conferred upon individuals who have made outstanding contributions to quality library services or who have advanced the principles of quality library service to the community. This award may be given to a group of people or an individual. The recipient(s) will have influence and reputation beyond the local community. Either the nominee or the person making the nomination must be a member of the Iowa Library Association.
AWARD #3: Honorary Member Award
This lifetime award is given by the Association to a non-ILA member to recognize meritorious achievement.
AWARD #4: Ted Anderson Library Advocacy Award
This award is given to an individual in recognition of outstanding leadership in the Iowa Legislature.
AWARD #5: Lifetime Membership Award
This award is given to ILA Members of twenty-five years or more upon their retirement. Please notify the ILA office if you qualify for this award.