In an effort to make the ILA annual conference more relevant to Teacher Librarians, we are seeking presenters for some targeted sessions. This conference is a great opportunity to partner with other types of librarians, and to share our specific expertise across the state.
We have a few ideas to suggest, but are excited to hear your ideas as well!
- Using Technology to connect with patrons, students
- Fostering partnerships between K-12 schools and academic librarians
- Robotics in the library, connections to state STEM initiatives
- Teen and Tween programming for schools and public libraries.
- Effectively communicating with adminstrators, city councils, boards, etc. for advocacy
- Teaching and Learning about copyright, creative commons, fair use in the digital world
If you or someone you know would be willing to share their expertise on one of these ideas next October (or in the future), please contact Val Ehlers by Friday, April 25th!