Alicia has served as the chair of the Awards Committee since 2013. What exactly does that mean? Well, here are her duties!
This is an appointed one-year board position that may be renewed.
- Appoint or renew appointments to all IASL award subcommittees and report names to President and Secretary/Treasurer:
- Goldfinch Award
- Iowa Children's Choice Award
- Iowa Teen Award
- Iowa High School Book Award
- Outstanding School Libraries Award
- Annual Recognition Awards such as Retirement Awards
- Vision Award
- Distinguished Advocate Award
- Coordinate activities of awards subcommittees.
- Ensure current information and publicity for awards on the website.
- Ensure communication to membership of award programs and activities.
- Attend IASL board meetings as a voting member of the board.
- Submit a progress report for the IASL membership meeting.
- Order plaques for President at the conclusion of his or her term.
Sound like something you'd be interested in doing? Fill out this form to express interest in serving on the Awards Committee, or being appointed the next chair!