Christine is a past IASL President, and was appointed chair of the Advocacy committee last year! What exactly does that mean? Well.... here are her duties!
This is an appointed one-year board position that may be renewed.
- Appoint a committee of 3 IASL members to assist in advocacy and report names to President and Secretary.
- Work with committee to plan and implement advocacy activities.
- Submit a proposed committee budget to the IASL president at or before the November ILA Planning meeting.
- Remain vigilant to needs for advocacy at the state or national level and communicate time. sensitive advocacy opportunities and suggestions to the membership as they arise.
- Collaborate with publications chair to keep advocacy web page refreshed.
- Attend IASL board meetings as a voting member of the board.
- Submit a progress report for the IASL membership meeting.