Dixie is now the Past President of IASL. What exactly does the Past President do? Well, here are her duties!
This position falls to the president at the end of the presidential term for one year.
- Assist President in transition to office.
- Chair the Nominations and Elections Committee consisting of at least three members.
- Identify elected positions to be filled for the upcoming year.
- Identify and invite at least two candidates for all open elected positions, and report the names to the IASL board.
- Carry out the election of new officers in October.
- Notify candidates of outcome of election.
- Send new officers information about expectations for their respective positions and assist in their transition into office.
- Communicate with the ILA Nominations Committee when that committee is seeking school library representation and submit names of potential leaders for their consideration.
- Attend board meetings as voting member of the board.
Sound like something you'd be interested in doing? We are now seeking self-nominations for the role of Vice President/President Elect! Fill out this form to express interest!