Miranda is an IASL At-Large Board Member and the chair of the membership comittee! What exactly does that mean? Well.... here are her duties!
At-Large Board Member-Membership
This is an elected position with a three-year term.
- Chair the Membership Committee.
- Appoint a committee of at least three members and report names to President and Secretary/Treasurer.
- Design and promote membership initiatives.
- Monitor membership progress.
- Confer with the ILA Executive Secretary before each board meeting to get the current membership count and report the count to the board.
- Send renewal reminders and contact members who did not renew from previous year.
- Send out Membership certificates in December or early January as a reminder to renew their membership.
- Solicit candidates for ILA's Leadership Institute from among the membership in the years when the Institute is held.
- Provide membership highlights or features to the Publications Chair for the website.
- Identify opportunities for membership benefits.
- Attend board meetings as voting member of the board.
Sound like something you'd be interested in in the future? Consider running for an At-Large Board member position in 2019!