Val was elected to serve as an At-Large Board Member and ILA Liaison. What exactly does that mean? Well, here are her duties!
At-Large Board Member——ILA Liaison
This is an elected position with a three year term.
- Serve as liaison to ILA.
- Coordinate with ILA Board liaison.
- Report at each board meeting about ILA Board activity of interest to IASL.
- Attend board meetings as voting member of the board.
- Appointments as requested by the board
- ILA IF representative
- IRRC Liaison
- ILA Liaison
She has also served as our Conference Planning Committee Representative.
ILA Conference Planning Committee Representative
This is not a board position, but a position appointed by ILA.
- Attend the ILA Planning Meeting in November and participate in ILA Conference Planning Committee meetings throughout the year for the October ILA Conference.
- Suggest/submit proposals for a pre-conference for the ILA conference, if IASL intends to sponsor a pre-conference.
- Solicit and submit proposals for IASL-sponsored concurrent sessions for the next ILA October conference.
- Advocate for programming of interest to school librarians at the ILA conference.
- Submit a budget to the IASL President at or before the November ILA Planning meeting.
- Communicate with other committee members, potential speakers and IASL Board.
- Report to IASL Board developments from the ILA Conference Planning Committee meetings.
- Collect speaker information.
- Write articles for publication on speakers and presentations.
Sound like something you'd be interested in? Fill out this form to express interest in running for an At-Large position or in serving as an ILA Conference Planning rep!