Conference Registration Now Open
After the success of last year's joint summer conference, IRA and IASL are once again combining their efforts to bring educators a conference that meets the needs for all educators and fosters collaboration among teacher librarians, classroom teachers, and administrators. Registration for 2019 Joint Literacy Conference of the Iowa Reading Association and the Iowa Association of School Librarians is now open! Some engaging keynote and featured speakers are booked, both children and young adult authors will present. Concurrent session by educators from across the state will provide ample learning opportunities in a variety of areas.
Call for Proposals
If you are interested in presenting at the conference, complete the IRA/IASL Joint Conference Proposal Form and submit it by April 1, 2019. (Submission directions are on the form.) Conference Presenters receive 50% off the cost of registration.
Register before April 1, 2019 to receive the early-bird discount. You may register for the 2019 Joint Conference of the Iowa Reading Association and the Iowa Association of School Librarians in one of two ways:
- Go to the Joint Conference Information Page, complete the registration document, mail it in along with payment (or pay online).
- An online registration option is also available. A transaction fee will be assessed for online registration. Click or visit the Joint Conference Eventbrite to access that option.
Keynote speakers include the Two Sisters, Gail Boushey and Alison Behne, who have a combined 60+ years of teaching experience in the kindergarten through college classroom. Gail is a nationally renowned author of books such as The Daily 5 and The CAFÉ Book and Alison is an assistant professor of education at Upper Iowa University, a writer, and a major contributor to The 2 Sisters practice innovations.
Tony Vincent has been a pioneer in digital learning since 1988, having a classroom website before many classrooms even had internet access. Hailing from Council Bluffs, Iowa, after 12 years of self-employment in the field of education and technology, Tony is back in the 5th grade classroom at College View Elementary School. Vincent is the authors of numerous books, videos, and an iPad app, and he blogs about learning and technology—all in an effort to support great teaching and deeper learning.
More than just a conference?
- Attending the conference provides evidence for Iowa Teaching Standard 7.
- Those who attend will have the ability to earn license renewal or graduate credit just for attending and writing a summary of the workshops attended. Contact Clark Goltz, Executive Director, at email@example.com for questions or additional details.
2016 IASL Conference (See below)
This conference will focus on celebrating innovative technology and literacy connections in libraries, exploring new collaborations that unite these two forces, and developing new strategies for showing policy-makers, communities, other educators, and students that libraries and TLs are essential leaders in 21st century schools.
- When? 4PM Sunday, April 3 through 3:30PM Monday, April 4, 2016
- Where? Ramada Tropics Resort and Conference Center, Des Moines
- Who? John Schumacher (MrSchuReads) will speak Sunday, Michelle Luhtala will deliver the Monday morning keynote, and Iowa author Jill Esbaum will deliver the Monday luncheon keynote.
- Schedule: View the conference schedule on Sched--and create your own profile and schedule for the day!
- Registration: Online registration has ended. You may register at the conference and pay by check or PO.
- Contact Marci Titera (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions regarding invoices.
- Please use the ILA address on your requisition:
- Iowa Library Association
- 6919 Vista Drive
- West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Questions? Contact Kate Lechtenberg, IASL PD and Conference Chair at email@example.com