What IASL Does for You
The Iowa Association of School Librarians advocates for strong school library programs in all Iowa schools and provides leadership, education and support for its members.
To accomplish this mission, IASL will:
1. Articulate a vision for school library programs in Iowa.
2. Advocate for school library programs within the educational community, with governmental bodies and the public, (emphasizing the connection between high quality school library programs and student achievement).
3. Support the professional development of our members.
4. Foster 21st-century literacies in our schools, including reading and the effective use of technology.
5. Support state and national guidelines for school library programs.
6. Consult with and support the work of the Area Education Agencies' instructional resources programs.
7. Consult with the Department of Education and the State Library regarding certification and other issues related to school libraries and teacher librarians.