Vision Award Requirements
The Iowa Association of School Librarians Vision Award may be given to a teacher librarian whose dedication and work is exemplary in furthering the cause and ideals of the field of teacher librarians.
To recognize and honor those individuals whose efforts have made a significant and worthwhile impact on the field of teacher librarians.
- Outstanding proficiency in the development of an exemplary school library program, and/or
- Outstanding contribution to the field of school librarianship through original research or production of educational materials, and/or
- Outstanding dedication in promoting and advocating the role of teacher librarian to those outside the field.
- Nominees must be members of IASL.
- Nominees must be currently employed in the field of teacher librarianship.
- Deadline for nominations shall be determined by the current Awards Committee
- Nominations shall be made by IASL members in good standing.
- If, in the opinion of the Awards Committee/Board, no worthy candidate is identified, the committee may recommend that no award be given
- Recommendations for the award much be approved by the Awards Committee prior to being submitted to the Board for approval
- Upon final selection by the Board, the IASL President shall notify the award winner. A suggested letter shall be prepared by the Awards Committee.
- This award shall be presented by the IASL President (or designated alternate) at the ILA Fall Conference.
- 2012 -- Norma Theise, Media Technology Consultant, Keystone AEA
- 2008 - Karen Lampe, AEA 14 Media Specialist, Creston
- 2006 - Dale VanderHaar, Dept. Coordinator, Libraries & Information Services, Des Moines Public Schools